Position No. 005310
Duty Position: 005310 – Internal AEO (A5IAE)
Application Opening Date: 24 June 2019
Application Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Reports to: [A5] DCS - Programs
Duty Location: FLWG
Reviewing Official: Chief of Staff, A5
Who May Apply:
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who are current active FLWG Members of the Civil Air Patrol. If you don’t meet the requirements stated below, you may still apply, and be considered.
Description Responsible for completing duties as assigned by the Region, Wing, Group, or Squadron Aerospace Education Officer.
- Direct the external aerospace education program.
- Complete the Yeager Award or be working on completing it.
- Have at least a Senior Rating in the AEO 215 Specialty Track
- Recruit Aerospace Education Members (AEM) into CAP.
- Support AEMs with visits to their classrooms and by conducting aerospace education activities.
- Encourage AEMs to participate in the voluntary Aerospace Education Excellence Program.
- Encourage AEMs and other CAP teacher members to participate in the Fly-a-Teacher Program.
- Promote and assist with aerospace education projects such as workshops and seminars.
- Promote CAP aerospace education programs and educational materials in schools.
- Promote CAP’s external AE mission to the regular uniformed CAP members.
- Establish and maintain contact with educational agencies promoting CAP AE products.
- Present AE lessons and activities in many different educational settings.
The FLWG External Aerospace Education Officer should be familiar with the following directives:
· CAPP 50-1
· CAPP 50-2
· CAPR 20-1
· CAPR 35-1
· CAPR 50-1
- Must have at least a Technician rating in Aerospace Education.
- Should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws, all CAP governing directives and all policy matters affecting their command.
- Computer skills in using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Grade of Captain is highly desired.
- Master rating in Logistics
- Two years of experience in Aerospace Education at the Group level
- Hold an active qualification as Aerospace Education Officer (AEO)
Applicants must submit the following documents by the application closing date:
- Cover letter, signed, dated and annotated with job number and title.
- Civil Air Patrol resume.
- Professional resume.
- Unit Commander’s Endorsement.
Applications may be sent via email to: email@example.com
Applicant screening will be done without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Applicants may be asked for a personal or telephonic interview. Upon notification, a mutually convenient time and place will be arranged. Inquiries concerning specific aspects of the duty position should be directed to the Reviewing Official.
Selection criteria are based on Civil Air Patrol training, experience, and participation, as well as, civilian education and experience related to the position.
NOTE: Include the Job Number and Job Title on your application. Incomplete applications may not be returned or acknowledged.