Information Technologies Directorate Duties and Responsibilities
The Informational Technologies Directorate establishes, plans, and administers the overall policies and goals for the information technology department. Analyzes the needs of different departments and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems. Manages the research and selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies.
Functional Address: CAP FLWG/IT
- Manage and direct wing/region wide Information Technology programs.
- Serve as the unit WSA responsible for assigning and
editing permissions for assigned members (if allowed by
applicable Wing policy).
- Serve as the echelon WSA responsible for the periodic
review of assigned permissions throughout subordinate
units (if allowed by applicable Wing/Region policy). Assist the Director of Operations in Operational Security
(OPSEC) awareness training matters and ensure
Information Security (INFOSEC) training is performed in a
- Develop and implement wing/region wide IT policies and
procedures in support of CAP's missions.
- Develop and implement training programs for unit
members to ensure efficient use of all IT assets.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the unit website.
- Assist the unit commander in generating up-to-date
measurable performance data extracted from available
- Support Function (CAP Help Desk - Wing/Region Level):
- Coordinate help desk issues between superior and
- Track IT related support issues and inquiries for the
unit for submission, through proper channels, to
- Collect and collate information regarding IT related
support issues and inquiries from subordinate
echelons for submission, through proper channels, to higher headquarters.
- Develop automated, streamlined reporting systems for
the capture of periodic data IAW pertinent regulations
and that are not in conflict with systems put in place by
The Information Technologies Officer (ITO) should be familiar primarily with:
- CAPR 110-1, CAP Electronic Systems and Data Administration.
- CAPP 227, Information Technology Officer Specialty Track and all related publications for National eServices applications.
- CAP operational security (OPSEC) and Informational Security (INFOSEC) directives.