MacDill AirFest: TBD 2020
MacDill Air Force Base
POSTPONED, TBD 2020
Commander: Capt Chris Krier
MacDill AFB has invited CAP to participate and assist with the Airfest 2020 airshow. The show is open to the public and includes an extensive ground display, vendors and an air show featuring the Navy’s Blue Angels demonstration team. The dates of the air show are postponed and will be announced as soon as possible.
A brief description of the event follows to give the minimum information needed for registration. Please read the operations order for all details.
- Support the USAF in static displays, communications, first aid and safety.
- Develop teamwork throughout FLWG and USAF.
- Provide a positive training environment for cadets that reinforce the core values of Civil Air Patrol and the United States Air Force, in order to further develop the cadets’ leadership and followership skills while performing community service, and providing a first-hand experience in supporting the military at the airshow.
- Promote aerospace education through interactive tours of USAF aircraft and exhibits.
- Expose the cadets to elements of the incident command system through mentoring with command and general senior staff.
- Further awareness of CAP in the community by staffing a recruitment booth and visibility at the airshow.
- Have fun
- Current CAP member with CAP ID card
- CPPT Training, if age 18 or over
- Meet grooming and weight standards for uniforms
- Level 1, with the new CPPT module
- ICUT certification
Cost per participant is $25.00, to be paid online at registration, The fee covers cost of meals and supplies. Fees will not be refunded to no-shows.
- Download and complete the CAPF 161 (Emergency Information).
- Cadets will also download and complete the CAPF 60-81 (Application for Special Activity) with parent and squadron commander signatures
- Complete the online registration, form upload, and payment at the link in the menu. All members age 16 and older must provide driver license information. This will be used to add members to the MacDill Entry Access List.
- Those wishing to serve on cadet staff must also fill out the cadet staff application Google form (also linked in the menu) in addition to the activity registration mentioned above.
Arrive at the MacDill AFB camp site NLT 1400 on Friday, 27 Mar for in-processing. The camp site is at the baseball field near the MacDill Fitness Center. See https://goo.gl/maps/nm4xwaK7yuMWC7nY9.
Arrive at the pickup/dropoff location no earlier than 1600 and no later than 2000 on Friday, 27 Mar for pre-regisration and inspection. Afterwards, you will be transported onto MacDill AFB. The dropoff location is at the Target shopping center parking lot at 3625 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33611.
Out-processing and dismissal from the activity will be between 1800 and 1900 on Sunday, 29 Mar. Cadets will be transported to the pickup location at the Target shopping center parking lot at 3625 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33611.
Transportation to and from such activity is not the responsibility of CAP. Privately owned vehicles travel to or from such activity is performed strictly at the member’s own risk (reference CAPR 77-1, para 6c and CAPR 52-16, para 8-10) and is not under CAP direction and control. Transportation during the activity will NOT be provided. Cadets will not operate motor vehicles (including golf carts) at the activity.
All meals will be provided during the activity (light meal on Friday, breakfast/lunch/dinner on Saturday, breakfast/lunch on Sunday).
For questions about the activity contact Capt Chris Krier at email@example.com