Director of Logistics (A4LG)
Position No. - Duty Position: 004100 – Director of Logistics (A4LG)
Application Opening Date: 12 January 2018
Application Closing Date: 12 February 2018
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Duty Location: FLWG
Reviewing Official: Chief of Staff
Who May Apply: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who are current active Florida Wing Members of the Civil Air Patrol. If you don’t meet the requirements stated below, you may still apply, and be considered.
- Advise the commander on status of logistics and establish logistics policies
- Review budget requirements of logistics activitie3s and direct consolidation of logistics budget
- Responsible for real property management in accordance with CAPR 87-1
- Ensure proper accountability for CAP property
- Proficient in the use and capabilities of the Operations Resource Management System (ORMS)
- Responsible for receipt, issue, storage, and proper disposal of all CAP property
- Responsible for distribution and recovery of property and documents in ORMS efforts to reclaim property from deactivated units and inactive members.
- Recommend to the commander the allocations, reallocation and retirement of property within the unit
- Complete all property inventory and reporting requirements
CAP Directives: The Director of Logistics should be familiar with the following directives:
- Transportation matters 76, 77 series
- Usage of DOD real property 87 series
- Aircraft status/inventory 67 series
- Aircraft marking 66 series
- Aircraft maintenance 66 series
- Supply matters 67 series
- VSI/HIS Insurance matters 900 series
- CAPP 206
- CAPR 174-1
- Must have at least a Senior rating in Logistics.
- Should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws, all CAP governing directives and all policy matters affecting their command.
- Computer skills in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Grade of Captain is highly desired.
- Master rating in Logistics
- Two years’ experience in Logistics at the Group level
- Experience with Reports of Survey (ROS)
- Hold an active qualification as Logistics Section Chief (LSC)
Required Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents by the application closing date:
- Cover letter, signed, dated and annotated with job number and title.
- Civil Air Patrol resume.
- Professional resume.
- Unit Commander’s Endorsement.
Applications may be sent via email to: email@example.com
Applicant screening will be done without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Applicants may be asked for a personal or telephonic interview. Upon notification, a mutually convenient time and place will be arranged. Inquiries concerning specific aspects of the duty position should be directed to the Reviewing Official.
Selection criteria are based on Civil Air Patrol training, experience, and participation, as well as, civilian education and experience related to the position.
NOTE: Include the Job Number and Job Title on your application. Incomplete applications may not be returned or acknowledged.