Duty Position: 006204 – A6 ITO Desktop Support Technician
Application Opening Date: 26 February 2018
Application Closing Date: 26 March 2018
Reports to: Director of IT
Duty Location: FLWG
Reviewing Official: A6, Dir IT, Chief of Staff
Who May Apply: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who are current active Florida Wing Members of the Civil Air Patrol. If you don’t meet the requirements stated below, you may still apply, and be considered.
ITO Desktop Support Technician
As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 1300 associates. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows software, and much more. In addition, you will also be assigned special projects in which you will get to research new technology and solve more complex problems.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware & software issues
- Document resolution steps
- Review monitored devices and remedy devices based on established procedures and runbooks.
- Assist end users with IT related desktop/laptop troubleshooting.
- Perform IT tasks requested by Unit / Group following documented processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain professional demeanor, including the usage of appropriate language and dialogue
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Manage time effectively
- Windows XP, 7. 8 and 10 Operating Systems for support requests
- Basic Network/Connectivity understanding and troubleshooting
- Perform troubleshooting of hardware and software issues
- Complete hardware repairs including the replacement of system boards and LCD screens and the swapping of memory and hard drives
- Manage paperwork trail for warranty claim process
- Document resolution steps
- Educate end users on technology issues
- Recommend improvements to support process
- Develop and maintain standard procedures to support the configuration and deployment of hardware and software needed to satisfy end user requirements
- Maintain computer and device inventory for licensing and warranty purposes
- Prioritize and schedule deployment of computer systems as requested
- Installation and update of standard software packages and operating system(s) to support image-based workstation deployment
Required Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents by the application closing date:
- Cover letter, signed, dated and annotated with job number and title.
- Civil Air Patrol resume.
- Professional resume.
- Unit Commander’s Endorsement.
Applications may be sent via email to: email@example.com
Applicant screening will be done without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Applicants may be asked for a personal or telephonic interview. Upon notification, a mutually convenient time and place will be arranged. Inquiries concerning specific aspects of the duty position should be directed to the Reviewing Official.
Selection criteria are based on Civil Air Patrol training, experience, and participation, as well as, civilian education and experience related to the position.
NOTE: Include the Job Number and Job Title on your application. Incomplete applications may not be returned or acknowledged.