Internal Aerospace Education Officer
Internal Aerospace Education Officer Position No. – 005320
Duty Position: 005320 – Internal Aerospace Education Officer (A5IAE)
Application Opening Date: 22 February 2019
Application Closing Date: 06 April 2019
Reports to: [A5] DCS - Programs
Duty Location: FLWG
Reviewing Official: Chief of Staff, A5
Who May Apply: ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who are current active Florida Wing Members of the Civil Air Patrol. If you don’t meet the requirements stated below, you may still apply, and be considered. Description Responsible for completing duties as assigned by the Region, Wing, Group, or Squadron Aerospace Education Officer. They shall:
· Direct the Internal Aerospace Education program.
· Complete the Yeager Award or be working on completing it.
· Enroll in the AEO 215 Specialty Track or have completed it.
· Implement the aerospace education portion of the Cadet Program in their unit or units.
· Implement the Aerospace Education Program for Senior Members.
· Encourage senior members to take the Yeager Test.
· Encourage senior members to participate in the AE 215 Specialty Track.
· Review AE Plan of Action and determine a schedule for AE activities.
· Encourage unit participation in the voluntary Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX) Program.
· Encourage unit participation in the voluntary Model Rocketry Program.
· Encourage unit participation in the Air Force Association/Civil Air Patrol grant program.
· Develop special Aerospace Education activities for cadets and seniors.
CAP Directives: The FLWG Internal Aerospace Education Officer should be familiar with the following directives:
· CAPP 50-1
· CAPP 50-2
· CAPR 20-1
· CAPR 35-1
· CAPR 50-1
1. Must have at least a Technician rating in Aerospace Education.
2. Should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws, all CAP governing directives and all policy matters affecting their command.
3. Computer skills in using Microsoft Excel and Word.
4. Grade of Captain is highly desired.
1. Master rating in Logistics
2. Two years’ experience in Aerospace Education at the Group level
3. Hold an active qualification as Aerospace Education Officer (AEO)
Required Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents by the application closing date:
· Cover letter, signed, dated and annotated with job number and title.
· Civil Air Patrol resume.
· Professional resume.
· Unit Commander’s Endorsement.
Applications may be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant screening will be done without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Applicants may be asked for a personal or telephonic interview. Upon notification, a mutually convenient time and place will be arranged. Inquiries concerning specific aspects of the duty position should be directed to the Reviewing Official.
Selection criteria are based on Civil Air Patrol training, experience, and participation, as well as, civilian education and experience related to the position.
NOTE: Include the Job Number and Job Title on your application. Incomplete applications may not be returned or acknowledged